Maybe you have asked this question while recovering from a broken relationship. Betrayal, divorce, abuse and deception often cause overwhelming feelings of inadequacy, sorrow and anguish. Whether it is a spouse, friend or family member – damaged personal relationships can be some of the hardest to overcome.
These distressing situations work to steal your joy. They cause fear to torment you and hinder your love walk from thriving. The good news is that God does not want you to live this way. You are not alone and there is help. Today is the day to be whole again!
How you may ask?
By relinquishing yourself and your emotions to God. He is the only one who can make you whole. Do not allow your heart to become hardened, but open it up to the promises of God. Your happiness and well-being are of the utmost importance to Him.
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace
[Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
– 1 Peter 5:10 (Amplified Bible Translation)
Take small steps of faith toward a closer relationship with Him by going as deep as you can in His Word. There you will find truth, peace and encouragement for moving forward! Discover for yourself how God has already made provisions for your healing and wholeness.
Here are a few points for you to reflect on:
- He will make something beautiful out of any dark and dirty situation in your life. (Isaiah 61:1-3)
- He will restore your health and heal all your wounds – emotional and physical. (Jeremiah 30:16-17)
- Be patient. He will handle the situation in His perfect timing and in His way.
(2 Thessalonians 1:6-10)
- He sent His Son, Jesus and the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort you through the tribulations of life. He wants you to live abundantly! (John 10:9-11)
- You are brand new! Everything in your past is forgotten when you accept Jesus Christ into your life. (2 Corinthians 5:17-19)
- He will restore to you one hundred times more than you lost to follow Him. (Mark 10:29-31)
Praise God! You are free to forgive and love again. Emotional healing is a process, but you will feel whole sooner than you ever imagined. Wholeness is yours through the love and power of God!